Monday, June 3, 2013

Austin Texas (1)

These next few days I will be posting pictures taken while I was visiting Texas. My Uncle was married at the beautiful Vista Antonia, and my family was lucky enough to spend a week roaming Austin.

1/100 f/8.0 ISO 100 40mm
This little guy was sitting with his twin guarding the top of a staircase leading to a bell tower at the Vista. I like everything about this photo except how dark the left side is. Next time a soft fill flash may be just the thing to bring out the dark side without over exposing the right side. I was worried at the time about shooting at such a narrow aperture, but I'm glad I did. I like having the trees just slightly out of focus instead of completely blurry like they would have been at f/2.8 (where I usually shoot with this lens).

No comments:

Post a Comment