Friday, May 31, 2013

Gotta Catch 'Em All!!! (Class week 2, part 2)

1/1600 f/4.5 ISO 100 40mm

1/4000 f/4.5 ISO 100 40mm

These two images are the exact same photo from opposite sides. Looking at them now I see that I should have rotated the table 90 degrees to have the sun hit both figures from the same side.  As it is the sun is hitting one from the front and one from the back. I also think i could have moved them closer together and used a wider aperture to blur the background and the figure in the foreground more.

8 comments:

  1. I like how you picked these two pictures to compare and how you put (1/4000 f/4.5 ISO 100 40mm and 1/6000 f/4.5 ISO 100 40mm) under the pictures. From seeing these pictures it seems that you know lots about the lighting, angles and much more about your camera. Great work taking pictures this week, I look forward to your future pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often find I learn more from a photo when I can see how the photographer captured the image. I know a lot can be done in post, but having the basic info like shutter speed, aperture, and focal length can give a small insight into how I could do something similar.

      Delete
  2. I love the crochet characters. Send me the link for the pattern. My nephew would love them. In the bottom photo I thought the darkness of the overall image with the contrast of the red was an interesting play on light that was appealing. Thank you for providing the camera setting details as that helps me to "see" what they mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got all of my pokemon patterns so far from http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com She does some amazing work. Recently I have started to attempt my own patterns. We'll see how they come out... :)

      Delete
  3. Thats so creative, I've never seen crochet Pokemon characters before. I like how your pictures almost tell a story, It defiantly shows the different perspectives well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is about as creative as it gets. I am loving the set up you've chosen.
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Aaaaare you reeeeady to ruuuuumble!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny someone said this. While I was working with the figures I was saying this to myself while humming the pokemon battle theme.

      Delete