This week we were tasked with using some basic, but fun, Photoshop tools to stitch two images together. This first one is an image I took of north beach with the sky replaced. I used a photo I took during Burlington's fireworks this year.
Sticking with the 4th of July theme, I used another image of fireworks in this photo. The base is an image of my sister last Christmas. She took two large glass balls and, instead of putting them on the tree, wore them as earrings for the rest of the day. I deleted the balls and inserted a cropped down photo of a smaller firework.


Gotta love the theme for both of your photos this week. Your second picture reminds me a bit of Christmas at my mom's because she actually has some glass ball ornaments that are clear with tinsel in them that fans out and rather resembles the fireworks earrings you created here.
ReplyDeleteAs for the first picture, the way the red fireworks spider across the sky reminds me of Tesla currents, which gives the overall image a sci-fi flare. You are getting a bit of a halo effect around the grass/shrubbery line on the right, which gives an impression that this is sci-fi from perhaps the 70s (say, the original Star Trek tv show as opposed to the newer movies).
I am loving the ear rings. It has a dual holiday flavor, both as Christmas tree globes and as a fireworks display. I know it wasn't included in the assignment description but a "sphere" filter on the fireworks would add a lot more to this by rounding the fireworks into a globe shape. "filter/distort/spherize" in Photoshop.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the first one with the red over the lake. Great job with the cropping and background deleting in these photos. I really like the red over the lake and how it blends into the background. Great job this week!
ReplyDeleteThea