After much trial and error I was able to get a set of photos that I like. Shooting from six feet below my normal eye level took a little getting used to. I'm posting the images in order below. I had to compress the video too much in order to upload it and the quality has been greatly diminished.
Enjoy!
I think this was a creative photostory. We often take photos at eye level and one of the things we've learned (and that I wrote about in my research paper) is that we need to take photos beyond the norm, down low, up high.
ReplyDeleteI do think your photos told a story and it developed into very original photos. I really like seeing the trail from a different persepective. I've often wondered what the world looks like for my dog when we're out - this makes me think of what she might be seeing.
The photos I like the best are the ones where you see the road up close and the focus is on the view down the road(s) - I'm also a fan of photo looking up at the pink flowers with the blue blue sky behind it.
Very nice! maks me want to go for another hike through the woods.
Karen
Great idea to do this from a shoe's perspective. I can only imagine how awkward it was shooting some of these. They work together extremely well though, and the perspective from ground level really puts a different twist on everything. I absolutely love the DOF on the eighth shot, but they are all great shots. Again, I love the concept here: It's a great twist on the theme of taking a hike, and I especially love that you started it all at home, and then ended it all back at home. That gives everything a nice sense of closure, as it takes everything full circle.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you made the shoes the main part of the story and took all the photos at the shoes level! Great idea I must say. Like I said these photo stories i've been seeing is making me want to either go hiking or for a long walk in the woods. But with my internship and all my classes and just barely finishing up moving it feels like I don't have time for anything! But thanks for sharing and once again great idea on the project!
ReplyDeleteThea